Welcome to Walk and Talk Australia, the place where therapy is good for your heart.
It’s likely that you’ve found Walk and Talk because you, or someone you care for, is going through a time of change or struggle and you’d like to find some direction or guidance.
Walk and Talk might be just what you need to begin that journey.
I’m Kaz (aka Karen) Amos and at Walk and Talk Australia I spend time supporting people, like you and me, who are struggling with change, depression, anxiety, grief and relationship issues (just to name a few). As a professional counsellor and therapist, my role is to guide you as you take steps towards positive life changes, healing and a healthy mind. Together we’ll work to uncover and better understand life changes and day to day stressors, the things that get in the way of what it is , that you really want in your life.
Something unique about Walk and Talk is that we offer walking as a part of your healing. Going for a Walk and Talk offers you a peaceful setting for you to share what is on your mind, without being in the face to face ‘office’ situation. When we do go for a Walk and Talk, we can take in the beautiful Lake Macquarie, Swansea Channel and local beaches, as we apply nature’s remedies, like fresh air and sunlight to the difficulties you are experiencing.
- Grief through loss or change
- Primary relationship problems
- Family breakdown – working with couples and children
- Past experiences of trauma
- Work or occupational issues
- Terminal illness
- Loneliness and isolation
- Abusive actions towards self and others
- B. Social Science (Welfare) – University of Newcastle, NSW
- Adv Dip Business Management – University of Ballarat, VIC
- Cert IV Personal Trainer – TAFE, Newcastle
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy – with Russ Harris, NSW
- Clinical Neuropsychotherapy – with Dr Pieter Rossouw, NSW
If you’d like to know more about counselling and therapy and how it can help you, watch this quick video called My Mountain, Your Mountain.